The mission of the New York French American Charter School is to develop bilingual, biliterate global citizens who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
We achieve this in the following ways:
- Allowing students to learn a true appreciation, respect for and understanding of diversity through the example of the adults who work with them.
- Teaching students the foundations of respect and responsibility, first for themselves, and then for their community.
- Providing students with opportunities for cross-cultural enrichment.
- Educating students with a global perspective using critical thinking and resources from other cultures and countries.
- Providing students with the language, vocabulary and contexts that will enable them to create open dialogues with others.
- Equipping students for the 21st century by means of a rigorous and well-rounded biliterate and bilingual education.
- Hiring a diverse team of teachers, interns and administrators both from the U.S. and other countries who provide a variety of viewpoints and experiences.