Help in English
Ways you can support your child’s academic progress in Math and ELA at home:
- i-Ready makes the promise of differentiated instruction a practical reality for teachers and students.
For All Grades
- Fun Brain
- FunBrain is the #1 site for online educational games for kids K-8 (math, grammar, science, spelling, history)
- Fun Brain
for grades K-2:
for Grades 1-6:
- use the IXL website below for Math or Language Arts using the username and password given by your ELA/Math Teacher:
COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS INITIATIVE
The Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSSI) is a state-led effort coordinated by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) to improve educational outcomes for students by developing a set of common, voluntary, internationally-benchmarked academic standards in mathematics and English language arts.
- Grades Pre-K – 8 Resources to Support Learning at Home from the Department of Education (DOE)
- Information about Common Core Standards.
NYS COMMON CORE MATH CURRICULUM
- A story of Units – NYS COMMON CORE MATH Curriculum Overview
- Math Common Core GOALS per grade
- Math Common Core Domain and Emphasized Clusters
ENGLISH READING RESOURCES
- ELA Common CORE GOALS per grade
- Reading Level Correlation Chart
- What do good readers do?
- Comprehension Strategies to Practice at Home
- DOLCH List:
- Where to Find books?