New York French American Charter School (NYFACS) is an engaging place for every PK-8 student to learn. NYFACS has a rich and rigorous curriculum that provides students with the necessary skills and learning experiences needed for sustained academic achievement. NYFACS blends the French and American education systems, taking the best from each.
Although no two students are alike, especially when it comes to hitting developmental benchmarks, we believe it helps to have academic and social skills standards that every child can acquire at his or her grade level.
Our mission at the New York French American Charter School is to develop bilingual, biliterate global citizens who will be the leaders of tomorrow. In order to achieve this we incorporate so much more, like:
- Modelling appreciation, respect for and understanding of diversity through the example of our faculty and staff
- Teaching our students the foundational values of our school — respect and responsibility — first for themselves, and then for their community.
- Providing NYFACS students with opportunities for cross-cultural enrichment.
- Educating our PK-8 students using critical thinking, global perspectives and resources from other cultures and countries.
- Enabling students with the language, vocabulary and contexts that create open dialogue with others.
- Equipping students for the 21st century via our rigorous and well-rounded biliterate and bilingual education.
- Hiring a diverse team of teachers, interns and administrators who provide a variety of viewpoints and experiences.
Our NYFACS Family is Waiting For You
Our charter school embraces diversity through learning, cooperation and acceptance. Our small classes and engaged community allow us to support each unique learner in the classroom and out — like with our numerous schoolwide and community events.
Our school culture is fun. We host a Spring Festival, a Multicultural Day, a Science Fair, Zoom dance parties, and a Teacher Appreciation Week. We participate in global art festivals, Africa Day Parade, Black History Month and have an active gardening committee. Our students play the violin and take yoga classes together. Our students get hands-on learning via field trips to The Bronx Zoo, The Whitney Museum and even Washington DC. Our fifth graders graduate at the French Embassy and our kinders graduate on our roof deck.
Why We Are Who We Are
Founded in 2010, the New York French American Charter School (NYFACS) was the first bilingual Franco-American public charter school in the United States. Our school was formed to address the needs of the New York City francophone community.
Even before entering our school, you will likely hear French being spoken on the street as we are located in the Little Senegal section of Harlem.
The NYFACS PTO is heavily involved in the life and success of our small, student-centered charter school, providing a voice for parents to both our administration and our Board of Trustees. NYFACS cares deeply about each student and strives to make each school year enriching and dynamic. Join our small charter school family, today. We’re enrolling!
About NYFACSSince 2010 we have educated hundreds of dual language PK-8 students in our tuition-free French immersion school. We absorb and support all levels of French & English language learners in our highly sought after bilingual and immersion school environment. We unlock a lifelong appreciation for our multicultural world as we teach in French and English. Find out more and help your child feel the world!